Jeff Taylor is a singer-songwriter based in New York, NY. His first album, "Frustration In Time Travel" was released in 2012 under the band name, Dumpster Hunter. This was followed by the EP, "Organelle" in 2014 as Jeff Taylor. Jeff has toured and recorded with the likes of Sara Bareillies, Trixie Whitley, and Kishi Bashi.
Current projects have seen Jeff working with the Donny McCaslin Group (David Bowie's Blackstar band), Mark Guiliana's Beat Music, Marike van Dijk's Stereogrpahy Project and the Creative Ensemble Collective, as well as working on his upcoming first solo album.
Long Bio here
"Dumpster Hunter introduces us to a strange, compelling and emotionally naked universe. Front person Jeff Taylor uses his mouth both as a tool and a weapon: screaming, whispering, whistling and crooning about love, existence, holy men, and more." Josh Max, Aquarian Weekly
"Jeff Taylor's Organelle EP is huge departure from the often frenetic sound he had been making under Dumpster Hunter – it's intimate, sullen, and even more richly layered." Brittany Spanos, The Village Voice
Jeff Taylor & The Stereography Project - "Paper Thin", recorded live for VPRO Vrije Geluiden on 5/7/17
Mark Guiliana's Beat Music feat Jeff Taylor, recorded at Rockwood Music Hall stage 2 on 3/27/15
Dumpster Hunter - "Heart Hard" (official music video) directed by kneeon.tv
Donny McCaslin Group feat. Jeff Taylor - David Bowie's "A Small Plot Of Land", recorded at (le) Poisson Rouge on 1/6/17 as part of NYC Winter Jazzfest
- Spring 2010 [US] With pianist and composer Jason Lindner, co-wrote songs for 'Jason Lindner's Breeding Ground', a commissioned,12-piece wind and string ensemble featuring Mark Guiliana and Panagiotis Andreou
- Spring 2011 [US] Toured as member of Elizabeth & The Catapult, supporting Sara Bareilles ('Kaleidoscope Heart' tour)
- Spring 2011 [FR] Toured as member of Mark Guiliana's Beat Music (feat. Tim Lefebvre, Jason Lindner)
- Autumn 2012 [US] Released LP 'Frustration In Time Travel,' as Dumpster Hunter. Featuring Mark Guiliana, Cole Whittle, Steve Wall
- Winter 2012 [BE] Solo sets supporting Gabriel Rios ('Dangerous Return' tour)
- Winter 2012-2013 [NL, BE, DE, DK, AT] Solo sets supporting and joining Trixie Whitley
- Autumn 2013 [US] Toured as member of Fancy Colors in support of Kishi Bashi ('151a', 'Lighght')
- Autumn 2013 [US] Under direction of James Darrah and maestro Esa Pekka Salonen, acted and sang with Los Angeles Philharmonic & Master Chorale as 'Larry the Dwarf,' in Frank Zappa's 200 Motels. This was a one-night-only, sold out event at Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles
- Spring 2014 [US] Released debut solo EP, 'Organelle,' a limited release of 10" 45rpm vinyl. Produced by and featuring Thomas Bartlett, featuring CJ Camerieri and David Heilman
- Spring 2015 [US] Composed original music for 'Fu-Go', an episode of WNYC/NPR's 2-time Peabody Award winning program, Radiolab
- Summer 2016 [US] Recorded a cover of David Bowie's "A Small Plot of Land," for Donny McCaslin Group's 'Beyond Now' LP. The record is a musical tribute to the life and artistic legacy of Bowie. McCaslin's group - Donny McCaslin (tenor sax) Mark Guiliana (drums), Tim LeFebvre (bass), Jason Lindner (keyboards) - collaborated with the icon on his final record, 'Blackstar'
ON THE WEB
For booking, press, and management enquiries please contact Richard Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org